ILLINOIS VALLEY SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
The Illinois Valley Symphony Orchestra is seeking qualified candidates to conduct a concert for the 2018-2019 Season as part of a conductor search for the 2019-2020 Season. In it’s 68thseason, the IVSO is a well-established community orchestra with a strong core of 50 members. We are based approximately one hour from Rockford, Dekalb, Bloomington/Normal, Quad Cities, and the southwest Chicago suburbs.
Interested persons should contact Barbara Lukancic via e-mail or telephone for more information. Five candidates will be selected. Evaluation will occur at each concert throughout the season.
Reports To: Artistic Director
Commitment: 8-12 hours per week; Tuesday evening availability
Compensation: $1,000/month stipend, plus incentive-based bonuses
The Audience Development Manager will work to expand Lakeview Orchestra’s audience and strengthen patron loyalty. The Audience Development Manager reports to the Artistic Director and will work closely with the Board of Directors and volunteers to meet the orchestra’s revenue goals. Areas of responsibility include:
Marketing Communications (50%)
- Design and place paid web and social media ads, produce and distribute posters/postcards for concerts, and write copy for radio ads/sponsorship spots
- Produce and post engaging content for social media and manage the orchestra’s social media presence (Facebook and Instagram)
- Generate and send content and single ticket promotion emails to patrons, timely respond to all email and phone inquiries from patrons
- Maintain updated website content
Audience Experience & Retention (30%)
- Provide superior customer service to patrons at all Lakeview Orchestra concerts, serve as primary staff liaison to volunteer ushers (The Saints), and assist box office staff as needed
- Import patron and ticket sales data to our CRM following each concert, generate and send post-concert communications to designated audience segments (first-time buyers, multi/repeat-buyers, first-year subscribers, etc.)
- Produce and distribute season subscription sales materials (season brochures, subscription benefits and marketing materials), manage season subscription sales/renewals in coordination with the box office
Individual Giving (20%)
- Generate and send rolling annual fund appeals, enter and review donation records, and generate gift acknowledgment communications as needed
- Manage annual fund donor benefits including program/website recognition and special events.
The Audience Development Manager will receive a monthly stipend of $1,000 and have the opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses throughout the year. Bonuses are determined by single ticket sales and annual fund contributions received versus budgeted goals.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Graphic design skills; proficiency with graphic design software
- Ability to work efficiently and manage multiple priorities
- An appreciation for classical music and knowledge of orchestral repertoire
- Proficiency with Google Drive Suite; experience using a CRM (NeonCRM) preferred
- Ability to professionally represent the orchestra at concerts, special events, and in the community
The Audience Development Manager will need to supply their own computer, internet access, workspace, and invoicing mechanism.
Interested candidates should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Audience Development Manager Search”:
- Resume and Letter of Interest
- Two Graphic Design Samples
- Two Writing Samples
The Audience Development Manager will have an anticipated start date of August 1, 2018.
CHICAGO YOUTH SYMPHONY ORCHESTRAS
Duties and Responsibilities
The Development Manager, Institutional Giving, is responsible for establishing and maintaining CYSO relationships with foundations, corporations and government entities that support youth in arts and education. Specific duties and responsibilities are:
- With the CYSO Executive Director, Board Development Committee, and Development Manager, Individual Giving, establish the CYSO development budget including expense and revenue
- Work collaboratively with all staff, especially the Development Manager, Individual Giving, and meet regularly to set goals, prioritize activity, identify problems, and develop solutions
- Assist in strategic planning with regard to development goals and strategies
- Create language for CYSO’s Annual Report
- Oversee the planning and implementation of the annual CYSO gala including coordination with vendors, venue, guest speakers, student performers, and volunteers
- Research and develop new sources of Foundation, Corporate and Government funding for current and CYSO Programs
- Ensure that corporate and foundation partners are properly recognized for their support, including web and annual report listings, social media promotion, and sponsorship benefits
- Maintain a grant calendar and database to ensure timely, accurate tracking and reporting of all corporate, individual, government and foundation donor activity
- Work in collaboration with operations and administrative staff regarding up to date statistics and information for case statements and proposals
- Write and submit grant proposals, updates, and final reports to local, state, and national corporate, foundation, and government funders
- Provide support for board activities, events, meetings
- Maintain awareness of current trends in fundraising and philanthropy
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Experience: 5 years of development and fundraising experience with increasing responsibility is required, including a proven track record in the achievement of annual fundraising goals, experience working with boards, volunteers and managing fundraising events. Superior written, verbal, and presentation skills are essential. Computer proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications is a must.
Education: A BA/BS is required. Coursework in arts administration or arts education is a plus. Knowledge of music is helpful. An advanced degree is a plus, but not a requirement.
The ideal candidate for this position will pay close attention to detail, be organized, and deadline driven. He/she will be customer service oriented, and will possess superb people skills including the desire and ability to work well with diverse constituencies. The successful candidate will be able to manage numerous tasks and projects while maintaining a calm, positive attitude and a sense of humor.
Other: Ability and willingness to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends to attend meetings, concerts, and events beyond the framework of the normal working schedule.
Must be comfortable lifting up to 20 pounds.
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including PTO,
Medical, Dental, and the opportunity to participate in a 403B and FSA plan.
Please submit resume and cover letter via email to Susan Lape (email@example.com) by February 28, 2018. No phone calls please.
Applications will be paper-screened and those exhibiting superior qualifications will be invited to an in person or phone interview.
CYSO is an equal opportunity employer.
DUPAGE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
The DuPage Symphony is searching for a Managing Director to provide a number of specific activity outcomes and administrative services that will help ensure our ability to fulfill our mission of "Surrounding our Community with Music".
The Managing Director position entails:
- Supporting the needs of the subscribers, audience members, Music and Development Directors and the Board of the DuPage Symphony, the Managing Director administers and coordinates the following functions:
- Office Management-the position is primarily home-office based. Mail pick-ups, at least weekly from the Naperville Post Office are required.
- Subscription and Single Ticket Sales and Patron Services - required to be on-site for most concerts and special events, acting frequently as the "face" of the DuPage Symphony
- Working with the Marketing Committee to provide reporting on demographics and trends, update the DSO website, work to create/update ticketing information on Eventbrite
- Work closely with Development Director and Board Treasurer to process revenue and registrations for fundraising events, annual dinner, and donor receptions. Provide analytical reports using Microsoft Excel and Access
- Coordinate administrative and communication activities for DSO Outreach Programs including Young Artist Auditions annually, open dress rehearsals (approximate 5 annually), chamber concerts, Tiny Great Performances at the DuPage Children's Museum, Music at the 95th Street Library. (Attendance at all of these functions is not required.)
- Make all necessary guest artist arrangements.
- While there is a great deal of variety in the DSO Managing Director position, the incumbent must be able to respond and, in many cases, over-communicate quickly to all parties with whom s/he is involved. A high degree of comfort with the use of technology is critical to success in this position.
The DSO offers a competitive hourly rate and anticipates a 25 to 30 hour per week time commitment. Managing Director is a contract position with the DuPage Symphony Orchestra.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 years project management experience with strong administrative skills and attention to detail
- Experience using MS Office (WORD, EXCEL and ACCESS) with demonstrated expertise in database entry and reporting
- Knowledge of Constant Contact, Eventbrite, and Instant Encore is desirable, but not required.
- Strong communications, organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Previous not-for-profit (NFP) experience preferred
- Interest and knowledge of music and/or performing arts industry desirable
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Friends@dupagesymphony.org and include MD Application in the subject line.
or send via postal mail to:
P.O. Box 844
Naperville, IL 60566