The Chicago Philharmonic Society is seeking a detail-oriented, data-driven, enthusiastic marketing professional to manage our marketing, advertising, communications and patron services.
- Manage all on-site concert production aspects and act as stage manager
- Coordinate production logistics, including communicating with venues, renting additional equipment, coordinating piano tunings, hiring recording engineers and additional production staff as necessary, and ensuring that contract conditions are met
- Create production planning documents and run sheets
- Research, schedule, and book rehearsal venues
- Organize production and logistics for tours and run-outs
- Hire and coordinate with music librarians to ensure all projects are on schedule, track music library expenses
- Coordinate with Accountant to produce orchestra/concert budget estimates, submit and review musician payrolls, update cash flow and budgets
- Assist in contracting musicians as needed
- Oversee and direct Operations Assistant
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a relevant field with strong background in writing, marketing and/or communication.
- At least three years experience working in either a production or administrative position is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and flexibility to work early mornings, late evenings, and weekends in locations throughout the Chicago area
- Excellent written and verbal communication necessaryProficiency in marketing tools such as social media, google assets, website editing and email marketing platforms.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and diplomatic with the ability to prioritize multiple projects at the same time; Ability to make quick decisions in high-pressure situations
- Strong knowledge of classical music, with ability to read scores, and a knowledge of the orchestral repertoire and industry is a significant asset
- Knowledge of Ovation/Tessitura a plus
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
This is a full-time permanent position.
Compensation: Commensurate with skills and experience
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and one sample to email@example.com
No phone calls please.
West Suburban Symphony
The West Suburban Symphony Society is seeking a concertmaster for each of the three volunteer orchestras it operates; the openings may be filled by 1, 2, or 3 individuals. Peter Lipari serves as music director and conductor for all three groups. One orchestra gives 5 concerts each academic year, the second gives 2 concerts each summer, and the third is a 35-player chamber ensembles that presents one concert during the academic year. Concerts and rehearsals are in the Hinsdale area during the academic year and the Naperville-Wheaton area during the summer; typically there are 5-7 rehearsals per concert.
- The concertmaster plays all first violin solos.
- Determines bowings for violins and violas.
- Provide artistic guidance to the orchestra in collaboration with Maestro Lipari.
- Carry out any additional duties that may be included in the concertmaster contract by mutual agreement of the incumbent and the board of directors.
- The Society is seeking applicants who are committed to the tradition of community orchestras and share its players' love of music.
This is a contracted permanent position.
Compensation: The concertmaster is paid both a per-concert fee and a per-rehearsal fee, negotiated with the Society's board of directors.
To Apply: Interested violinists are asked to contact the Society through www.westsubsymphony.org/contact-us