This program is intended to provide conductors with the opportunity to consult with experienced colleagues who will serve as a confidential resource for advice and guidance concerning the craft of conducting, and career-related issues. Our roster of participating mentors is comprised of veteran conductors who have a wealth of experience, on and off the podium. They are active performers and educators who possess a wide range of musical and professional expertise.
Mentoring topics include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- conductor training
- musical concerns in a particular score
- general career development (professional and academic)
- psychology of conducting
- issues with boards of directors or management
- repertoire and programming
- preparing for an audition or interview
- rehearsing effectively
- general questions about being a music director
Interested in participating?
Email a resume/CV and a short video (5 mins or less) of a recent video of your conducting to firstname.lastname@example.org
Participating Mentors include:
Emanuele Andrizzi, Associate Teaching Professor of Conducting and Head of Orchestral Programs at CCPA, Roosevelt University
Ben Firer, Director of Orchestra and Operat at Northern Illinois University